Finding the right name can be one of the hardest parts of getting started. Whether it is for a team name, or a name for your fitness business, blog, or gym. Which is why I’ve created a list of 46 creative fitness name ideas that are available to be taken as a .com. But be quick, as good names get taken fast.
If you are here to start a fitness blog:
Starting a fitness blog will help you keep on track with your workouts. Other benefits include connecting with similar people, having a diary of your progress, and possibly a way to make money – if you build a large enough blog.
“When I started I had no clue how to run or blog, but five years on I’ve run five marathons. Sometimes I’m not sure whether the blogging kept the running going or vice versa but they’ve definitely complemented each other.” – Lazy Girl Running by Laura Fountain
Examples of Catchy Fitness Name Ideas
Here are some examples of fitness blogs with catchy and creative blog names:
- Fitness on Toast – A blog on fitness and nutrition
- Lazy Girl Running – Started the blog as a couch potato, to later become a marathon runner.
- Marks Daily Apple – A man over 60 staying healthy
- Nerd Fitness – “I help desk jockeys, nerds, and average Joes level up their lives”
Available Fitness Name Ideas
Here is a list of available health and fitness name ideas. All of the name ideas below are available as .com domain names.
When you have found a fitness name that you like, head over to Bluehost to create a hosting account with a free .com domain (before the name is taken).
If you click on any of the name ideas below, you will be taken to a page where I show you how to register the name as a .com
- Running Feet and Beats
- Headphones and Pavement Beats
- Born Strong Maybe
- Cityscapes and Footprints
- Workout Melody
Mix in other hobbies or topics to make your name and blog unique…
- The Runners Wardrobe
- Around the World Fitness
- DIY Workout Machine
- Eco Fitness Design
- Kitchen Yoga Studio
Fitness blog name ideas with added food and nutrition
Using body parts to create name ideas
Ideas with the word ‘Fitness’ or ‘Workout’ in them
- Red Active Lifestyle
- (Your name)’s Health Club
- Lean Mean Running Machine
- Lean Mean Workout Machine
- Lean Mean Gym Machine
- Project (Your name)
Fitness and health name ideas using different exercises
Cool gym name ideas
Creative team name ideas
You can take any of the name ideas above as they’re all available as a .com. To register one of the names, go to Bluehost where you can set up a hosting account (select the ‘Starter’ plan). And with Bluehost you get a free .com domain name.
You can follow along with my guide here if you need help setting up a hosting account.
Quick Tips on How To Create Your Own Name Ideas
The goal is to find creative words. And to do this start making a list of words that describe who you are and the type of blog or business that you want to start.
Here are some exercises to help you create your list of words:
1. Keep Asking Questions:
- What is it about working out/fitness/health that you like? The rush, the solitude, the pain
- What exercises do you enjoy the most?
- What are some other hobbies or interests that you could mix into the blog and make it unique?
- What are the body parts that you focus on the most?
- What kind of lifestyle do you want to live? (Being healthy in the city, country, forest, on an island)
- What are some sayings that you would hear? (‘push it’, ‘give me 20′, ’10 more’, ‘feel the burn’)
2. Start mixing and matching words to create name ideas.
3. Put some of the words you like into a thesaurus to come up with more word ideas.
4. When you have a good list of 5-10 fitness business name ideas that you like, go to name.com. This is the fastest way to check to see if your name is available as a .com
5. If the name is available then go to Bluehost to set up your hosting account which comes with a free .com domain name.
For more guides on how to start your fitness blog and website, visit my Guides page here.